EcoFest May 17, 2015
EcoFest Map, Exhibitor List and Schedule
Click here for Pavilion Presentation Schedule
Live Healthy – Save Money – Help the Planet
|. Entertainment Dr. Zoolittle – Eco Awareness through laughter and live animals||
Local Band Tribute Acoustic, Country, Drum Circle, Keli Ross-Ma'u Steel Drums
$5,000 in Prizes – Drawings all day, New Bike. Redeem Rewards
75 Innovative Exhibits – 25 Enriching Activities
Food & Lifestyle Taste or buy local food. Speak with organic farmers. Learn about Urban Agriculture in Encinitas.
Solar & Green Home Pavilion Everything you want to know about saving money with solar and alternative energy. Avoid rate increases, Get a home energy tune up.
Eco Car Show 15 eVehicles, Solar Chargers, Incentive,Rebates, Discounts, More, Meet the owners
101 eBike Ride
20 bikes, wiz along 101 for a History Tour, sign up early
Water & Ocean Protection
Support Marine protection, Water supply & reuse, Get a Drought update, Retore lagoons, rivers & creeks
Nature – Garden, Landscape, Urban Homestead What to plant when, buy native plants, succulents, cacti. Meet the local organizations and growers
Art & Poetry Eco Style Exhibit. Join with local artists, sculptors and poets to show we are all can help the planet
Encinitas Environment Day 2014 – in Review
And a Special Thank You to our EEDay 2014 Planning Team.
Summary – There were more than 60 activities and exhibitors that engaged, inspired and entertained a steady flow of attendees all day. The stage was host to a variety of music and interesting presentations from officials from the city council and water agencies guided by MC’s Eve Simmons & Bill Tooney both noted environmentalist.
Activity – Highlights – Click here for Activities & Stage Schedule
- Pre-event film June 6, – Chasing Ice A must see if you care about climate change and our planet.
- Surfing Madonna – Special event Click here for detailsMeet the Artist: Mark PattersonSilent Auction BID HERE – Winners announced at theSurfing Madonna Paver Party @ Leucadia Pizza on 6/29Two Items:Madonna Park Step ($600 value) or Park Paver Brick ($150 value)
- Eco-Award Raffle – Do an Eco-good-deed, earn a raffle ticket, chance to win a new bike, or $3,000 in prizes.
- Dr. Zoolittle – The fun, zany, good-natured wildlife researcher mixes humor with concern about endangered species: Unusual animals; blue-tongued skink, caiman lizard, woma snake, armadillo, opossum, and more.
- eVehicle Showcase – Electric Cars and Bikes. See a solar charger in action!
- Flute Making & Concert – Martin Espino
- Electric Bike Ride – Bring your own or test ride an eBike – Free
- Student Art Exhibit – Chalk Art, Face Painting, Water Theme Barrel Painting.
Surfing Madonna – Silent Auction – Premium Pavilion Step – This is an exclusive, one of a kind, pre-market 16 x 16 step that will be placed 'front and center' in the Pavilion, It will have your name on it and be signed by the Artist – Mark Patterson. The funds will be donated to ASB environmental projects at San Dieguito Academy (SDA). – Value? Priceless !!!
Eco-Award Raffle – Win a Bike and more ! – Almost everyone wins !!!. – Get a raffle ticket for each Eco Activity – 1. Walk, Bike or take public transport to EEDay, 2. Complete the Eco Scavenger Hunt, 3. Complete the Surfrider Trash Bingo Card, 4. Go on the Cottonwood Creek Nature/Clean up Walk.. 5. Do a pre-event beach/creek clean up.
Eco-Award Prizes – To date 30 prizes worth >$2,500!!! A New bike, Surfing Madonna four (4) Free Entries "Save the Oceans" 1K/5K/10K Beach Run/Walk, One Surfing Madonna Park Brick, personally engraved and invitation to installation party, Nieto Super Slow Strength Training, Childrens Book – All the Way to the Ocean, City of Encinitas Eco bags, and MANY MORE !!!